After watching music videos produced by A2 media students of previous years I have learnt a number of things which I should consider when planning and making my own.
1. Short, snappy cuts are an effective way to make your video interesting, if you want to shoot something for a prolonged amount of time, it should be some sort of sequence for example, filming a band member playing his instrument unless for a specific purpose will bore the audience.
2. Re-using footage can be an effective way to convey an idea to the audience however if it is overdone, it will become stale and boring to watch.
3. Reversing footage can make the video look more surreal and more interesting. This relates to point 1 as demonstrated by one music video I watched where only one person was walking forward whereas everything around him moved backwards.
4. Desaturation of colour can make carry a mood across to the audience but combined with slow paced music can bore the audience unless it has a variety of shots and locations.
5. POV footage looks dull and unprofessional unless camera movement is quick and smooth as demonstrated by one of the music videos I watched.
6. Costumes and dress code can contribute to the atmosphere and feel of the music video but if incorrect it can also make the idea the video is trying to convey less effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment